Researchers at the School of Life Sciences and School of Psychology are undertaking a new study looking at reducing feelings of loneliness in older adults (60 years or older).
What will participants have to do?
1. observe varied images (e.g. animals, objects, abstract) on a screen, while a camera records your eye movements;
2. provide saliva samples into a tube to measure a chemical associated with sociability;
3. fill out a couple of questionnaires on life views;
4. wear a heart rate monitor around your chest;
5. play a game on a computer.
The study takes place at the University of Lincoln and takes between 1h and 1h30.