PEARL 2020 DIGITAL Conference
Showcasing and sharing publicly engaged research at the University of Lincoln
PEARL Conference 2020 | Thursday 25th June | 2pm – 3:45pm | ONLINE
Programme Updated | Register now!
The PEARL team are delighted to invite staff, students and guests to the 3rd annual PEARL Conference (and the first ever ONLINE PEARL Conference!). Join us in a celebration and showcase of the wonderful variety of engaged research activities taking place at Lincoln. It’s a great opportunity to get a flavour of the work being carried out by our talented UoL staff and students, make new connections and find some inspiration.
This conference will be held via the digital conferencing app, Zoom. You do not need to download any additional software to take part but downloading the Zoom desktop app may make your viewing experience a little easier. If you wish to take part in the interactive discussion elements of the conference, you will need access to a microphone and ideally, a webcam.
Although this is an online event, registration is still necessary to ensure we can appropriately prepare the capacity of our online platform. Additionally, for security reasons we can only send out joining instructions to registered attendees. Please Register here for the PEARL 2020 Conference.
- 2:00pm – Welcome – Prof Carenza Lewis & Dr Matt Young
- 2:10pm – Looking back on PEARL’s first years – Sarah Harris
- 2:15pm – Session1: Engagement Spotlight – Short talks highlighting an inspiring range public engagement activities from the past year, including PEARL Activity Grant funded projects.
- 2:50pm – Tea & Coffee Break – Stretch your legs and grab a cuppa for the next session
- 2:55pm – Session 2: Getting Involved – Did you know that Lincoln has an incredible range of regular activity that researchers can take part in to share their work with new audiences? Hear from colleagues who run these fantastic events and find out how you can get involved.
- 3:20pm – Session 3: What’s Next for Public Engagement at Lincoln? – Find out what PEARL has planned for the future and your chance to chat with your fellow virtual conference attendees to discuss what you think public engagement with research activity at Lincoln should look like going forward.
- 3:40pm – Closing – Prof Carenza Lewis & Dr Matt Young
25th June | 2pm – 3:45pm
Opportunities for Engagement.
Discussion & Networking.