Researchers in the School of Psychology are looking for any individual above the age of 18, who has not previously committed a burglary offence nor have any conditions of which may worsen by the use of a Virtual Reality (VR) Headset to come take part in a virtual reality study.
The aim of the study to explore the behaviours elicited during a mock version of a first time burglary offence.
What the study will involve?
1. You will be asked to complete a series of questionnaires relating to burglary, and emotional reactivity.
2. Virtual reality tutorial task – to get you acclimatised to VR, and so you get used to the controls.
3. VR mock burglary – You will then be asked to burgle a house within the VR.
4. Then you will be asked to complete another series of questionnaires measuring immersion.
5. Finally a short interview on what you did and how you felt during the mock burglary.
The study will take about 1 hour to complete.