We would like to invite you to a roundtable on Wednesday 6th November 2019, 9:30am-12:30pm. This event aims to bring together academics, with a common interest in race and ethnicity, to network and to facilitate new collaborative links. It is an opportunity for all of us to learn what each other is working on, forge new collaborations for funding bids and co-conducting research studies, and to develop thought leadership in areas of race within the University.
The day will begin with each participant presenting a brief three-minute overview of their research. We will then break into small groups, based on research interests, to ‘brainstorm’ potential collaborations and new projects. This will be followed by a summary of the day, and an agenda for future steps.
We would especially welcome participants working on scholarship in the following areas:
• Race, ethnicity, technology & the media
• Intersectional perspectives on race & ethnicity
• Issues of identity and development in relation to race & ethnicity
• Issues of race & ethnicity in connection to employment or human rights
• Historical understandings & construction of race & ethnicity
• Issues of racial & ethnic identity & stereotypes
Additionally, any other form of scholarship that focusses on race and/or ethnicity is invited to attend.
The roundtable is hosted by the Eleanor Glanville Centre – the University’s interdisciplinary centre for equality, diversity and inclusion.